Fans are deciphering the lyrics on The Weeknd‘s new EP and everyone has come to the conclusion that “Call Out My Name” is likely about his ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez.
The song starts out with Abel singing, “We found each other / I helped you out of a broken place / You gave me comfort / But falling for you was my mistake.”
It’s clear that whoever the song is about left him heartbroken.
In the second verse of the song, fans think that The Weeknd is making a reference to Selena‘s kidney transplant and he seemingly was going to donate his kidney to her.
“I said I didn’t feel nothing baby, but I lied / I almost cut a piece of myself for your life,” he sings in the song.
“Guess I was just another pit stop / Til’ you made up your mind / You just wasted my time,” Abel continues in the song, seemingly alluding to how Selena was spotted with on-again, off-again boyfriend Justin Bieber days after their split.
Click inside to read the lyrics for the song…
Read the lyrics below and download the song now on iTunes!
- Janice Dickinson will testify at Bill Cosby‘s trial – TMZ
- This Riverdale star has a new a sunglasses collection coming out – Just Jared Jr
- Armie Hammer has announced his retirement – but not from acting – TooFab
- Roseanne Barr got a call from a huge fan for her reboot’s ratings success – The Hollywood Reporter
- There was a mini The Secret Life of the American Teenager reunion – Just Jared Jr